Sunday, February 22, 2015

Response to Brianna's Articles

I thought all three articles did a good job of giving a brief overview of the editing field, but really didn't get too in depth about any one thing. Almost all the information presented is what I would consider to be common sense for someone interested in becoming an editor. I took two basic things away from these articles:  1) experience is highly valued when it comes to getting jobs and 2)  a college degree is essential. More specific detail or examples of the course in which other people have worked their way up into the industry would be helpful, as would directions to a more substantial information bearing resource available to students before graduating and being cast out into the horrid world of the post grad English profession seeking individual. I think that these articles provided a good jumping off point, but I'm sure there are much better articles out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment